Saturday, November 15, 2008

The things kids say.....

So, I totally had one of those embarassing moments when your kids say something that you wish that they hadn't. And after the embarassment passes, you laugh so hard that you can't hardly stand it. So, while picking Trevor up from preschool the other day, we were walking to the car when an older man walked past us. He was, well, a little heavy around the middle. Actually, I don't think I've ever seen a nonpregnant belly look like this. Of couse, as not to disappoint, Trevor said in his not so quiet voice, "Look mommy, that man is having a baby and it's ready to come out!" I was hoping that he hadn't heard, but by the look on his face, he obviously had heard every word! What is a mom to say! When we got to the car, we talked about how the man didn't have a baby in his tummy because only girls have babies. What was I thinking! This only lead to another 15 questions from my very inquisitive toddler who has a question about everything! And then a question about the question! Finally, when he started talked about his "privates" and how a baby would come out of him, I realized that I couldn't explain all of life to a three year old and all I really needed to do was change the subject! Funny how the mention of Chik-Fil-A can reroute a child's train of thought! I'll remember that next time!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Soo cute! I bet that guy is going on a weight loss diet now for sure!

The Montoyas said...

Funny story! I love to hear the things little ones say!

Rissy Roo said...

HaHa Trev! Perhaps it was a well needed intervention for that gentleman.

Jamie Smith said...

AAHH Kids what would we do without them? Funny stuff