Friday, March 6, 2009

If I had only known..

Okay so I am feeling especially grateful these days. In a time where the future is uncertain and fear has set in, I cannot help but to have a heart full of gratitude for all of the blessings in my life. I am married to the MOST amazing man. If only I had known when I met my love, my husband, what a wonderful father he would be! Recently, Madison and Ryan went to a Father/Daughter dance and it was the most special night for them. It started with Madison and I going shopping for the perfect dress for her "date" with daddy. No detail was left out - from the dress to the shoes and even a purse and gloves - Madison looked so beautiful. I cannot believe how fast my baby girl is growing up. Ryan rang the doorbell - just like a real date - and surprised Madison with bouquet of purple tulips. I could've cried! Then, they drove away to the ball where Cinderella danced with her prince! A moment sure to not be forgotten by either for a very long time. Then, this past week was "Dad's Day" at the preschool where a fun filled day of bowling was in store. The boys had such a good time! Ryan didn't even hesitate to take the day off work to spend with his son. He is truly an incredible man and the best father in the world. He never complains about anything. He does so much more than so many dads - from 15 hour days alone with the kids, baths, meals, practice, homework, etc. I have truly been so blessed and my love for him grows more and more every day. Just a thought....and I thought that it deserved to be shared!

2 comments:

Momma Cannon said...

that is truly a blessing to have a partner like that. you sure can tell the love you have for one another. one of gods many many blessings!

Kali said...

THAT IS A VERY SWEET STORY..YES YOU ARE BLESSED...MISS YOU..KATHY